Sunday, May 9, 2010

Three weeks

I'm sitting in Jeremy's office on a Sunday morning. I'm trying to avoid thinking, so I've clipped some coupons, printed off some stuff for the Senior Banquet, filled out a reference form for one of my girls, chatted with a few folks... everything I can think of to do except think.

I don't like the idea of the next three weeks. In the next three weeks I have to get this awful project done at work that I have zero motivation for, write three papers on topics that I don't care about, study for a final that I don't want to take, and say goodbye for real to kids that I don't want to say goodbye to.

And part of it, I think, is that these next three weeks bring us to that point where we will actually, truly have to trust the Father. We have to figure out - for real - what the next season looks like because it will be the next season. And I'm not sure if I'm ready.

I'm scared. I'm nervous. I'm excited. But man... three weeks and then it's really that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment