Friday, May 7, 2010

Love Letters

As previously mentioned, I wrote a love letter to my darling students in Fusion. There's a video slide show to go along with it (probably to be posted later), but for now, here's where my heart is at for our kids. We shared this with them on Wednesday night:


To the wonderful people of Fusion…

The last 2 and a 1/2 years with you have been some of the favorite of my life. Thank you for letting Jeremy and me be a part of your story… and thanks for being such a big part of ours. From the very first time I met you (Fall Retreat of 2007) I have not stopped laughing. It took about 2 minutes to fall completely in love with this youth group. You guys have no idea how easy you made it to do that.

It’s easier for me to write you a letter than to try to read this to you (for obvious reasons), but I want you guys to know how very much I love you and how hard it is to leave Faith because you are here. You are the neatest group of students that I have ever had the privilege to know – and I’m not the only one that thinks so. Over and over Jeremy and I have been told by others who have met you that you are truly a special bunch…

I am in awe of how many beautiful people there are in this Senior High ministry. This youth group is filled with teenagers who are desiring and seeking the Lord. It continues to excite and amaze me, and I find myself crying happy tears at getting to be a part of this journey with you, however short a time it has been. You consistently teach me how to follow Jesus through everyday living and loving.

I find myself surrounded by a group of silly, sarcastic, serious teenagers – you have a brand of love which is so similar to my own – getting pranked on retreats, hip-checked in the hallway, having ‘who’s hotter’ conversations while trying to fall asleep on mountains, singing and sleeping on bus rides, playing night games at church, talking about guy-girl relationships and so much more. We have had a silly, God-honoring, God-ordained relationship. I love you guys like I can’t even explain.

As we move on to what’s next, I have to trust that the Lord will take care of you, provide for you, lead you, grow you, and stick someone in your way that will love you like I do. This is the hardest and biggest thing I have ever had to trust God with. And I don’t want to. I don’t want to give up my weekly love relationship with you. I don’t want to leave. I don’t want to let you grow up without me… but I am choosing to trust the Creator, the one who made you just the way you are, and have faith that He will continue to do the good work in you that He began so long ago.
Being a part of Fusion has been such a blessing – watching God show up in relationships and the way you love each other. Thank you for letting me love you, too. You guys are, and always will be, my favorites.

‘Cause we belong together now
Forever united here somehow
You got a piece of me
And honestly,
My life would suck without you

Love you so much -
Keri

1 comment:

  1. http://literallygodsgrace.blogspot.com/2010/05/jer-ker.html

    ReplyDelete