Monday, May 3, 2010

Countdown...

It's been three months of pretending we weren't leaving Faith. We're to the point now that we can't pretend any more and actually have to start thinking about the transition out of Fusion and saying 'goodbye' appropriately to kids that I never want to say goodbye to. Sunday we had a Student Leadership meeting - the first 20 minutes Josh planned our goodbye party with the kids. I spent that 20 minutes pretending that meeting wasn't happening.

One of the things that I wanted to make sure that our students know before we leave is how crazy much I love them. So last night I sat down to write a goodbye love letter to them. That sucked. I couldn't even make it through a paragraph without sobbing or blowing the snot out of my nose...

And what I wrote probably won't even capture half of what I want them to know. In fact, I was crying so much my mind couldn't process things and I ripped half of it from my blog. The important thing is that they know how special they are, and how loved they always will be. Not just to me. Not just to Jeremy. To the Lord. I hope and pray that a little of that sinks in as we countdown our last weeks...

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much LOVE there is behind all of your snot. I'm so glad I married you! -JB

    ReplyDelete