Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Tears

Sunday was a great day.


Jeremy and I were invited to Excelsior Covenant to share the vision of MainStreet and about how we have seen our prayers answered. We played the video that Jeremy put together in July as an introduction. I haven't watched it since then, but seeing it on Sunday and realizing that it's actually in motion gave me happy tears.


And then Jer asked me to share about the ways God is providing and how we have seen Him show up. So of course I cried more happy tears (actually, I would say tears of amazement and thankfulness and gratefulness). I got to talk about our meeting space, our team, our prayer warriors, our marriage... it was great. We received a lot of affirmation, encouragement and support. It was all a little overwhelming because they have already done SO much to support this vision, and we were finally getting to say thanks for the first time. Oh man.




Sunday night was our first public worship rally. I can't believe how smoothly it went. We had our entire team there, our Fusion kids came to help be greeters (oh the happy tears at getting to see their faces!), we had 100+ show up, but the best part was that God showed up. I felt His presence, His peace, and His provision.



Jeremy had two other local pastors pray for the city, and Dave Abernathy prayed for our marriage. Holy moly. That was wonderful. Nick Reitenour made some amazing paintings for the evening, my friend Chris donated coffee from Caribou, and I realized that Gene & Laurie Whitbeck are the most gifted greeters I have ever met.


We are blessed. So glad that God asked us to go beyond ourselves and follow Him. So thankful He calls us out of our comfort zones so we can know He provides abundantly more than we could ever know or imagine. He gives me happy tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment