Thursday, October 28, 2010

God is funny sometimes.

So yesterday I posted about Jeremy providing by substitute teaching... and today God provided a job for him. Yay. I love God's sense of humor though. Case in point: Jer's not a huge fan of working in elementary schools (high schoolers are more his thing). And actually teaching something is a bit of a stretch too.

Text message exchange between us this morning:

Jer: Ugh. Kindergarten + 1st grade literacy intervention groups all day! Momma Beth would be proud.
Jer: Even the Apostle Paul didn't sacrifice this much! :)
Jer: Lesson plans: "supplement any phonemic awareness activities or letter sound recognition that you feel will be helpful." Shake What?!
Me: Hahaha.
Jer: I'm not laughing.


I, personally, think this is hilarious. I love that while church planting is outside of a normal person's comfort zone, stepping into an elementary school room is the way God asks Jer to break himself. Funny, funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment