Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunday Morning Classes

Two weeks before we got the news about Jeremy's job, Faith started a new series of Sunday morning adult classes. One of them was on the Holy Spirit. I decided it was time to extend beyond the walls of the youth room and participate in some of the more 'adult' offerings the church was putting into place. And so began an 8-week journey that, I think, was ultimately there to help me realize where God is in all of this... and how he has wired me to process through it.

There were around 25-30 people in the class each week; Dave Cornell lead us through a study and weekly discussions on the Holy Spirit - it was a strange, glorious experience to commit to learning about the Spirit in the midst of seeing Him unfold what was/is to come for the Berg's.

I was probably the youngest person in the class by 15 years, but that didn't really matter. It was a great reminder for me that God is never done working in, with and through someone. He continues to reveal new truths to us each day about who He is and how He loves us. We just need to be paying attention and acknowledge that He can still show up in big ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment