Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Life Would Suck Without You

One of our favorite retreat activities is a little something we like to call 'Air Band'. All the cabins have to pick a song and perform a lip synced version of it in front of the rest of the youth group during the Saturday night session. This year the kids went over and above any expectations I could have dreamed of: Cody Harmer performed a 2 minute Michael Jackson tribute that was pretty convincing, and the senior boys did a hilarious remake of Beyonce's Single Ladies video (props to Zach, Paul and Drew!)

However, my favorite was and forever will be the song performed by my small group girls. They locked me out of the cabin on Saturday for rehearsals so I couldn't see anything until the big reveal... and then made me cry during their performance.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because Jer and I leaving Faith is just as hard for them as it is for us. But thank you, ladies, for reminding me why it is SO easy to love you. I am going to miss you, too. Please enjoy the love song, performed by my girls, that gives me happy tears every time I watch it (I'm the lucky one in the front row at the end of the video).

'Cause we belong together now, yeah
Forever united here somehow, yeah
You got a piece of me
And honestly,
My life would suck without you

No comments:

Post a Comment