Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Moving Towards...

It was in that initial conversation about Storm that Paul Baudhin said something that has stuck with me. He said that when he's not sure if something is from the Lord, the best he can do is to keep 'moving towards' that thing. So an opportunity arises. Should we take it? Maybe, maybe not. But the best thing we can do is to move towards that opportunity until it is clear what He wants to do with it.

That's how I feel about the Storm Faith Community. It's not something that I can say no to, in light of all the mountains the Lord has moved to make me open to it. But I'm also still unsure of what I would be saying yes to. The best I can do in the meantime is to keep moving towards this opportunity until the Lord starts to make things clear.

And he may have done that a bit today. Jer and I had decided on a 'yes' to Storm, but that yes comes with a lot of uncertainty that needs to be made clear. And today, while I'm in Connecticut for work, I received an email from Jeremy. It was about the leadership, the direction that Storm is starting to move towards, and what sort of structure would come around it. And it all made Jeremy uneasy... but in the midst of that uneasiness, a few other conversations opened up about the church planting process. Long story short: I still feel like God is calling us into some sort of church planting future. Just whether that is with this specific Storm opportunity, I don't know.

What I do know is that I would never have come to this point of being open to something like this has Jer and I not chosen to 'move towards' the Storm conversation in the first place.

So I will continue to listen to what He is saying, and looking for where He is leading... and I promise to keep moving towards the opportunities He is providing.

No comments:

Post a Comment