Saturday, February 20, 2010

An Intro

Sometimes I think God has a funny sense of humor. And other times I think that he just knows what we need. Here's the back story that will surround this blog:

My husband Jeremy and I have been married for not quite 5 years. He has been in a 'season of obedience' serving as the Senior High Director at Faith Covenant Church in Burnsville, MN, for the last 3-ish years. We refer to it as a season of obedience because if you were to meet Jeremy, you probably would not walk away thinking 'That man is wired to be a youth pastor'. Don't get me wrong - I think he's fabulous at it. But his personality doesn't fit the crazy-out-spoken,-game-loving-guy-who-wears-loud-clothes stereotype that I typically think of when I think of a youth pastor. Jeremy is an introvert who is most himself when studying the Bible, reading, or talking theology.

Ironically, though, God's sense of humor has had us serving with teenagers for the last 5 years. I'll probably talk about how we ended up doing this (funny, God, funny), but this blog is really going to help me reflect on what the Holy Spirit is doing in our lives right now.

Three weeks ago, Jeremy met with the lead pastor at church. He was told his position is being 'phased-out' due to budget cuts... which sucks. The thing that we are most grateful for with this decision is that he will be on staff through May, so we have a few months to find out what God wants to do with us next. So... God, what are you doing with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment